Lovely drop pendant necklace. Pair with matching earrings.
stainless steel 20" chain
- 6mm and 8 mm faceted Sodalite beads.
- charm is nickel free metal with Fine Silver plate with antiqued finish.
- Thistle charm measures 1 Inch height by 0.8 Inch width.
- total pendant length is approximately 3 Inch.
- findings are Stainless Steel, pewter or nickel free plate alloy
The Scottish Thistle as a Heraldic badge. Since the reign of Alexander III (1249–1286) the thistle has been the national emblem of Scotland. From then on it’s been the symbol of the Order of the Thistle, a chivalric order of Scotland. According to legend, a Norse army was attempting to sneak up on a Scottish army's encampment. Being barefoot was a Norseman’s misfortune since he stepped on a thistle. His cry of pain alerted the Scots to the attack. The Thistle is Scotland's national emblem. A symbol for bravery, courage, and loyalty.
Handcrafted in the Rocky Mountains of Colorado.